Thursday, May 26, 2011

A good fishing story

Last weekend I was crappie fishing on Shabbona. My bobber went down and I assumed that it was another crappie. When I reared back to set the hook, my rod bent over double.

I fought the fish for a few minutes and then handed the rod off to one of my customers. He fought the fish for a few minutes and then we saw that it was a huge muskie.

The muskie came close and then just opened his mouth and spit something out. We brought the fish aboard to discover that it was a large gizzard shad. Look at this photo! what a mess!

This shad was a bloddy mess.

2 comments:

  1. That must have been nice!!! Poor Shad! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Shad? lol. This only happens about once a year, and everytime it is exciting!

    Thanks Dan

    ReplyDelete