Monday, March 21, 2011

Illinois River 3/21

I love living in Peru Illinois. One of the best things about this place is this, when i get home from work, it is nothing to run to the Illinois River real quick. I did just that this evening.

Steve Bown, my son Matt and I hooked up Bown's boat and we went to Starved Rock.

We had 3 dozen minnows and some jigs. We caught lots of saugers, and some of them were good size. MAny of them were caught on the southeast bay of Plum Island and a few were caught in the Lovers Leap bay. All of the fish were in 6 - 10 feet of water.

Here is a photo of my son with the first sauger he ever caught all by himself. I could not be more proud!

Here is another fish that we caught at the tip of Plum:

Water temps were 49 - 52 degrees and the water clarity was good. Fishing was great and the bites came fast and furious.

No comments:

Post a Comment