Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday, day one, MWC 2011

All I have to say is that there were 123 teams, and an incredible 121 limits were brought to the scales. I have said it before, I have NEVER seen this many fish in the river before, NEVER.

Here are some more of the incredible stats:

123 teams
604 fish brought to the scales
1,156 pounds of fish brought to the scales

1.91 pound average fish

Here are the top 5 teams after day one:

1) Giachetto and Giachetto 5 fish for 14.42 pounds
2) Bodinger and Bodinger 5 fish for 12.70 pounds
3) Levin and Ingoglia 5 fish for 12.68
4) Oyen and Kopp 5 fish for 12.44 pounds

Here is a bad photo of Giachetto with his huge walleye, it is hard to believe that he caught this on the Illinois.

sorry, but they took the fish away too quickly for me to get a good picture. In line, I told him that it looked like a 4.5 pounder, it weighed 5.26 pounds, boy was I wrong.
















Here are some interesting pics that I always like to take.





Barry OFlynn


Smile for the camera Tommy!

See, Dan Palmer really does work!


Cliff Banks with a sauger.


Waiting in line.

taking fish out of the livewell


Damn! I wish I would have gotten a photo this nice of Giachetto's fish, but this one is great nonetheless.


more waitng in line.


This was fantastic. I cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings! There were so many fish caught! I will be posting again tomorrow with more pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment